It’s time to get organized. Only I’m still figuring it out. Lots of ideas being planned for Opinion9. In the meantime, please go on over to Surely Simple, where I’m dabbling in DIYs, writing about travel and basically doing arty projects.
(photo: unknown, found from the internet. if you know where it’s from or if you made it, please let me know so I can credit it. All I know about the picture is that it’s lovely.)
Hmm. Some things which I just want to learn/make/see:
1. I really want to develop my own distinctive style of art be it in cartoon form or any other. I’m pretty diverse in trying out different looks in art, but I still haven’t really delved too deep in one particular drawing style yet.
2. I want to make my on gallery wall for my study/studio space. Working on this.
3. I want to see my portfolio asap on the site! Working on this one too.
4. Need to eat some After Eights. Haven’t eaten those (can you believe it?) for more than two years now.
5. Blog design. Busy with things so this priority is wavering up and down n my list. I say: baby steps count, right? I think I’ll install some plugins to start with..
6. Have Singapore on my places to see list. Just don’t know when to go- planning, planning.
7. Practice guitar again. Agh! It’s seems like all I can remember is C-F-Am-G.
8. I’m working on www.surelysimple.com (my lifestyle DIY blog) so this one seems to be on the sidelines as of now. Need to include blog post scheduling for Opinion9 properly.
9. Just relax and have fun.
10. Go swimming.
11. Buy a new pair of jeans.
(art on top by me)
It’s funny how inspiration strikes you. On holiday (I just came back a little over two weeks ago) I loved to watercolour a bit in the mornings. So, I would keep thinking of nice things to paint, but on this particular day, I couldn’t come up with anything. The past few days I had drawn and painted a castle by the sea, many variations of fern leaves (will show you those later). but today…I couldn’t really think of anything to draw/paint. I was stumped.
And when you’re stumped..what do you do? You head to the kitchen of course. And there, I spotted these beauties. In the city, you rarely see oranges with the leaves still on them. Atleast, I never have. I’ve never even seen an orange tree in real life. But here, out in the desert, you find these beauties. Yessir..oranges, freshly picked. (Of course, these were bought in the town market. That’s the specialty of the market though. Freshly picked produce.)
And so the creative process started.
Now don’t ask me why oranges made me think of ice creams, macaroons, cakes, etc, fruit salad and pomegranates. Come to think of it, it probably wasn’t the orange that inspired me. It was the fact that it was a perfectly sweet fruit, waiting to be picked and filled with potential. And I just explored my own artist thought here, somehow. I don’t know. Art is mysterious that way. But always very beautiful.
Manifestation is like a flower, you must put so much intent into its energy before you can sight its beauty.
hibiscus buds, photo by Opinion9
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” -Dr Seuss
Tibetan monastery, photo by Opinion9